Uphill Ministries at Cherokee Cove
Welcome & Information Packet
Uphill Ministries at Cherokee Cove
290 Cove Camp Private Drive
Mountain City, TN 37683
(423) 727 – 8560 office
(423) 727 – 6933 fax
Uphill Ministries at Cherokee Cove
2418 Locust Gap Rd
Mountain City, TN, 37683
Uphill Ministries is a non-profit Christian organization that purposes to strengthen family bonds, educate individuals in life application skills, and train disciples based upon the foundation of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The purpose of Uphill Ministries at Cherokee Cove is to provide a place for people to be still and know God. (Psalm 46:10)
Foundational Values of Cherokee Cove
· The purpose of life is to love God, love people, and make disciples.
· A Biblical understanding of God and the Gospel is important.
· Healthy disciple-making families are important.
· The ongoing ministry and fellowship of the local church is important.
· We provide a beautiful place to stay close to God’s creation near the Cherokee Cove National Forest.
· We plan and/or provide a place for retreats, where you can take a break from the bustle of normal life.
· We provide simple, attractive facilities in which to rest, fellowship, and seek the Lord.
· We provide delicious, nutritious food for your enjoyment.
· We provide a context for couples and families to spend time together and renew their relationships.
Check In/ Check Out Time
· Check in begins at 5:00 p.m. No check ins after dusk without prior consent.
· Check out is 10:00 am for Monday-Saturday departures and 9:00 a.m. for Sunday departures. Sundays are also closed for all day visits and check-ins are available only after supper time.
The Staff of Cherokee Cove is committed to serving in their local church body; therefore, the check out time of 9:00 a.m. has been established on Sunday to allow our staff to honor this commitment.
Meal times (May be altered upon request)
Breakfast: 9:00 AM
Lunch: 12:30 PM
Dinner: 6:30 PM
What to bring
· Bible, notebook and pens or pencils
· If you plan to camp, you will need miscellaneous camping supplies.
· Water bottle **VERY IMPORTANT FOR MISSIONS TEAMS**
· Sleeping bag and pillow or twin bedding in the bunks (our beds are covered with linens that are not for use, only for decor)
· Flashlight and/or headlamp
· Sunscreen and bug repellent
· Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and other necessary toiletries
· Washcloth, hand towel, bath towel
· Comfortable clothes & jacket for evenings
· Hiking shoes or comfortable tennis shoes and socks
· Linens & towels can be provided by request for an additional charge.
*We recommend that you identify your name on all belongings*
What to leave at home
· Inappropriate or revealing clothing
· Inappropriate magazines, reading materials, and/or videos
· Alcohol and illegal drugs
· All pets-no exceptions
· Electronic gaming devices
· Computer and smart phone if you want to “detox” digitally.
Rules & Regulations
· Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
· Lights out by 11:00pm nightly.
· No personal electronic gaming devices are allowed.
· There must be a minimum of one (1) chaperone (21 years old minimum) per every 10 guests under the age of 21 in every sleeping area.
· Volunteer groups must appoint a time daily to pick up surrounding trash, personal items, dishes in dining room and misplaced objects in order to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
· In the case of large overnight groups (50 or more), we advise that you develop a shower schedule.
· Smoking is not allowed inside any of the buildings on the property or in the camping village. Please ask about designated smoking areas and dispose of tobacco waste properly.
· Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited within the Cherokee Cove property.
· Fire allowed only with advance permission in designated pit areas only.
· Please place all trash in designated containers.
· Please conserve in all areas. This includes water usage, electricity, waste, and unnecessary noise.
· The group representative is responsible for all guests within their group and their responsibilities, liabilities, and the passage of all information contained herein.
Clean Up Procedures
Before you leave, please double check your surroundings and make sure you have not left any personal belongings. Please make sure your area is free of any type of garbage or trash. Make a sweep around the grounds, picking up any belongings or misplaced items. All trash should be taken to the waste collection site located in the upper parking lot.
Damage fine/ Rules & Regulations Fine
There will be a fine of $100.00 per violation of rules and regulations as stated on the Guest Information sheet. There may be an additional damage fine if there are damages to the spaces that you have occupied. This fine may be determined within the thirty days subsequent to your departure. The damage fine will be determined by the extent and nature of the damages.
Our office number is (423) 727-8560.
We only have one phone line on the property; therefore we respectfully request that you keep all personal calls on this primary business line to a minimum of 3-5 minutes.
We do not have public internet access available to our guests. If you require internet access while at Cherokee Cove, you have three options: you may bring your own internet card for use on your own laptop computer, you may use your own mobile broadband on your own cell phone or you may travel to Cove Creek library (20 minutes away) for internet. You may want to consider your stay at Cherokee Cove an opportunity to have a break from your devices and enjoy being “unplugged.”
Financial Policies & Procedures
All bills are payable at or before check in. One person per family or group is responsible for collecting all monies relating to accommodations, services and meals. We request one payment (via cash, check or money order) per group or family. During our high season (June 1st to November 30), we have a minimum occupancy requirement for each of the lodging/meeting facilities at Cherokee Cove.
Reservations cannot be guaranteed until deposit is received. A deposit of 50% of the grand total is required at the time of the reservation to hold your date and space requested. Full payment is due 14 days prior to the day of your arrival. All payments are non-refundable.
*We have MERCY! Special circumstances make all deposit policies and agreements negotiable.*
Please indicate the number of people in your family or group so we may prepare adequately (place the food order and schedule staff) at least fourteen business days prior to your arrival. If your number at check in is above the number guaranteed, you will be billed the price difference between the guarantee and the actual attendance. If the number at check in is less than the number guaranteed, you will not receive a refund because provisions for the number guaranteed have already been made.
Uphill Ministries Statement of Faith
We believe that there is only one true and living God who has revealed Himself through the inerrant Holy Scriptures. God has revealed himself as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ the Son was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and was crucified as our substitutionary atonement. He was dead and buried but rose again on the third day and ascended into heaven. It is only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, the only begotten of the Father, that we have salvation. This same Jesus will visibly come again to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the fellowship of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Cherokee Cove Property Map
Suggestions for Trail Use
Hike in groups of at least three. Inform someone in the Conference Center Office prior to departure. Hike only on marked trails. Do not disturb wildlife. We recommend proper footwear, water bottle, hat, comfortable clothes, sunscreen, and a light jacket. Remember that all activities on site premises are at your own risk.
How to Help
Thank you for supporting this ministry!! This ministry is run primarily by volunteers and supported by donations. Many of our programs are free of charge or below cost because many people generously offer their time, resources and financial gifts to support the annual ministry events and programs that we sponsor. Without this help, Uphill Ministries at Cherokee Cove would not exist. We offer a genuine, heartfelt, “Thank you!” to all of the many who have supported Uphill Ministries in this way!!
Serving you in Christ,
The Ministry Board and Staff of Cherokee Cove
Uphill Ministries at Cherokee Cove is volunteer-run. No matter what your gifts, aptitudes, or skills are, we have a volunteer position for you! Daily camp maintenance, grounds care, kitchen help, construction and many more areas are available to volunteer. Thousands of individuals have enjoyed working here at Cherokee Cove. You may volunteer for a day, weekend, or week. We are also able to host people for long-term missions. Please contact us to become a part of the Cherokee Cove volunteer team.
We earnestly covet your prayers for this ministry. Keeping in mind that our primary purpose is to strengthen families through this ministry, please join us in praying for:
· The Stephens family-Stuart, Samantha, John and Libby
· The families and individuals who come to Cherokee Cove for help;
· The volunteers that serve all season at Cherokee Cove;
· The Ministry Board of Directors that guides and directs this ministry;
· Safety on the property;
· Growth and expansion of the ministry as the Lord wills;
· Mission teams to help serve and build;
· The movement and fullness of the Holy Spirit in and through the staff and this ministry
· Financial provision to impact lives for the Kingdom of God.
THANK YOU for supporting Uphill Ministries at Cherokee Cove!